An

An
Report of our EXpedition

Friday, June 1, 2012

FIVE QUESTIONS FOR THE ARTIST

1) What is your name?
- Phyllis Johnson - 

2) Where are you from?
- Brooklyn, NY - 

3) What do you do?
- I'm an actress. I'm currently starring in a play at InterACT Theatre company called ETCHED IN SKIN ON A SUNLIT NIGHT by Kara Lee Corthron. - 

4) What inspired you to pursue your creative career?
- I was inspired by my teachers to pursue acting, I was inspired as I found how healing and illuminating live theatre and storytelling in general can be. -

5) What is your view on the state of the arts?
- My view on the state of the arts??? Uhh... I think there IS no state of the arts. It seems like the entire industry is for or not-for profit. But nonetheless for profit. There seems to be little public money available for supporting developed artists.
I wish there was more! -

No comments: