An

An
Report of our EXpedition

Monday, May 28, 2012

FIVE QUESTIONS FOR THE ARTIST

1) What is your name?
- Well, my christian name that was given to me is Kevin Killebrew, but since I've grown older and learned that's many religious people improperly use the monikor of "christian", I've been toying with changing mine in order to avoid that whole confusion about my belief system. So, from now on, just call me Idontgive Aratsass - 

2) Where are you from?
- Well, once upon a time, this guy, he thought this chick was kinda hot. So he impaled her with his "love spear" that just happened to have this strange substance imbedded in it. Now, she had these eggs that... OHHHH... you meant, where do I live NOW! Oops, scractch all that. I currently reside in Lost Angeles (because according to the bible, this place is lost and going to Helena Handbasket, although, I've always liked Ms Handbasket's house... she gives me cookies) -

3) What do you do?
- Voodoo -

4) What inspired you to pursue your creative career?
- Well, I literally fell into it. Some people had an idea, but no way to execute it. I thought it would be fun to try and realize their vision for them via the written word. They loved what I'd done so much, they stabbed me in the back and left me for dead, creatively. After having the same scenario play out several times, I decided that if there was going to be any stabbing, I could stab myself, thank you very much. So, I took a stab, at creating and found I liked it... all thanks to the original backstabbers. -

5) What is your view on the state of the arts?
- John Carter (or JC for you hipsters), MIB3, Battleshit. etc. Do I really need to continue insulting your intelligence? Really? Thank GAWD for the bright spots in the arts... from the books, artwork, music and films from people who give a damn. We need to continue to support good storytelling and great artistic and creative endeavors.

And THAT, my friend, is all I'm going to say about that! -

No comments: