An

An
Report of our EXpedition

Monday, May 28, 2012

FIVE QUESTIONS FOR THE ARTIST

1) What is your name?
- Nicole Franklin. - 


2) Where are you from?
- I am from St. Louis, MO but I was born in Montclair, NJ while my father, Donald E. Franklin was on a journalism fellowship at Columbia University. - 


3) What do you do?
- I'm a Filmmaker and an Educator. My company is EPIPHANY Inc. and I am the Communications Instructor in the Division of Humanities at Bloomfield College (NJ). I also spent 20+ years as a daily hire news editor for all of the network news broadcasts on both the East and West Coasts and a few independent news broadcasts in Los Angeles. -

4) What inspired you to pursue your creative career?
- My love of storytelling and the lack of positive Black characters in media inspired me to pursue my creative career. I also loved the rush of emerging from the wings in costume and full makeup from my days as a dance student turned showgirl. -

5) What is your view on the state of the arts?
- The state of the arts is strong. No matter how much funding is denied the number of artistic projects that are birthed have multiplied. Artists are unstoppable. Art is life. -

No comments: