An

An
Report of our EXpedition

Monday, May 28, 2012

FIVE QUESTIONS FOR THE ARTIST

1) What is your name?
- Kevin Kennedy, many people call me FBK around the world. - 

2) Where are you from?
- Columbus, Ohio...where champions are born. - 

3) What do you do?
- I am an Electronic Musician (read as: Glorified Drum programmer;), I make music that is described as Techno, House, Tech-house, or any genre in-between those...I also am a DJ. - 

4) What inspired you to pursue your creative career?
- The inspiration came to me early while playing real instruments and learning physical art in public school-I learned to play the entire Clarinet family of instruments, and learning to read music, scales, etc. took me on the life-long journey to continue to create art that isn't physical-I love to use sound to allow the listener to see what is inside of their mind's eye. -

5) What is your view on the state of the arts?
- My view on the state of the arts is that many of the best and brightest have been pushed away from being open-minded and creative to a fuller extent. The lack of funding for art in public school (which gave me the inspiration to be a creative soul) has not helped children learn that they can be WHATEVER THEY WANT TO. It saddens me to know that there are children who never get to make something out of a block of wood, paint on canvas, take photographs and develop them, or just simply mold clay into a shape. Art is a necessity for the developing young mind, and the more involvement and exposure a youth has to the limitless possibility of creative pursuits, the more that child can learn to be. Art and intelligence go hand-in-hand, and I want to help this along! -
 

No comments: