An

An
Report of our EXpedition

Friday, June 1, 2012

FIVE QUESTIONS FOR THE ARTIST

1) What is your name?
- Lafotographeuse (nee Amanda Adams-Louis) - 

2) Where are you from?
- I hate this question because I don't have an easy answer for it. To be 100, I'm still trying to figure out where I am from. 

I have a US passport. My dad is Haitian, mom is American and I grew up in Panama City, Dakar, DC, Budapest, Toledo, Lugano, Gaberone and Conakry. And I've resided in Brooklyn my entire adult life. -

3) What do you do?
- I am an freelance photographer, visual artist, hip-hopographer, creative producer and arts educator. -

4) What inspired you to pursue your creative career?
- I attended a private, boarding school in the Italian speaking part of Switzerland for high school. I had access to amazing analog photography reproduction facilities, got to go on photo field trips and shoot various European capitals and go to amazing historic museums. So by the time I was 17 and thinking about the whole college/career thing, I had already been shooting for four years so I knew I wanted to pursue it as a career. -

5) What is your view on the state of the arts?
- Things are in flux right now. The funding is low but at least there is still some out there. I see a lot more collaborations that I did a few years ago and I think we might be seeing a lot more work that invokes the state of the economy. -

No comments: