An

An
Report of our EXpedition

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

FIVE QUESTIONS FOR THE ARTIST

1) What is your name?
- Jack Anthony Forbes - 

2) Where are you from?
- I'm from Brooklyn NY, born and raised. - 

3) What do you do?
- I'm a freelance Illustrator/Cartoonist. - 

4) What inspired you to pursue your creative career?
- Art is a huge integral part of the world we live in, through understand it I can further understand the world and through mastery of it take some amount of control over the world around me.

5) What is your view on the state of the arts?
- From my point of view I think the arts are in an interesting place right now. With digital publishing becoming more of a legitimized we're seeing alot more younger and talented artists emerge, and their niche and an audience who appreciates their work. For instance there are over 18,000 webcomics available on the internet for free right now, which is completely insane but thanks to the internet those people who would have been voiceless now have a place to express themselves artistically without the need of knowing the right people or a publisher. I'm very curious to see how these things develop in another 10 years with print publishing less and less relevant. -

No comments: