An

An
Report of our EXpedition

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

FIVE QUESTIONS FOR THE ARTIST

1) What is your name?
- Crescent Muhammad - 

2) Where are you from?
- Northern Indiana - 

3) What do you do?
- Blogger, Writer, Actor, occasional Lawyer - 

4) What inspired you to pursue your creative career?
- I was completely uninspired by Corporate America. Correction, I found Corporate America thoroughly depressing. I respect it but I found it extremely difficult to excel in it. -

5) What is your view on the state of the arts?
- Overall, my view on the current state of the arts is a positive one. Technology has made it so much easier (logistically and financially) to create and showcase many artistic endeavors and I think that sort of levels the playing field in many ways. Although it would of course be helpful you don't necessarily need a patron (or a trust fund) to actively explore your art especially in the beginning stages. Granted that doesn't mean that everything everyone puts out is worth digesting but then again what one person might believe to be utter nonsense another person might find inspirational, amusing or thought provoking - you never know... -

No comments: