An

An
Report of our EXpedition

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

FIVE QUESTIONS FOR THE ARTIST

1) What is your name?
- Angel Wood - 

2) Where are you from?
- I am from Dayton, Ohio. Currently living in Washington, DC. -

3) What do you do?
- I am a poet, playwright, and novelist. Author of A Spring in the Desert a poetry collection available at aspringinthedesert.com, and I have just completed my novel Clutch. - 

4) What inspired you to pursue your creative career?
- I wanted to live authentically and writing is my passion. I have interest in a lot of areas and could have pursued any one of them to make a career, but I am a writer, and believe that I can contribute the most in this way. Writing is my gift and I am boldly determined to nurture it and use my gift to its fullest expression. -

5) What is your view on the state of the arts?
- I believe that it can be very difficult to be a true artist today because of the distractions prevalent in our society and the pressures to conform. Yet, art is enduring by nature and through wars and pestilence it has survived. So I believe that the state of the arts is as it should be, evolving. -

No comments: