An

An
Report of our EXpedition

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

FIVE QUESTIONS FOR THE ARTIST

1) What is your name?
- Micheline Hess - 

2) Where are you from?
- Roosevelt Island, New York - 

3) What do you do?
- I work as a freelancer Designer at a company that produces interactive e-books for kids.
I also draw in my spare time and am currently working on my own interactive comic for kids. -

4) What inspired you to pursue your creative career?
- I was working retail at the time and had saved up my money for a Powermac clone. I was immediately addicted to programs like Adobe Photoshop, but it wasn't until I discovered Macromedia Flash (which was version 2 at the time) that I really began to imagine how much fun it would be to give life and interactive capability to my own character and storytelling concepts. -

5) What is your view on the state of the arts?
- I think its a wonderful time to be into the arts, but especially digital. Lately I have really been getting into creating art with my iPad. I even have a stylus thats a brush and allows me to paint on the screen. The advancements in technology not only make it possible to create in ways that not long ago were impossible to imagine...but it also allows artists to empower themselves and have more control over things like self publishing as well as control of creative rights. -

No comments: