An

An
Report of our EXpedition

Saturday, June 2, 2012

FIVE QUESTIONS FOR THE ARTIST

1) What is your name?
- Chris Collins -

2) Where are you from?
- I grew up in New Jersey - 

3) What do you do?
- I am a freelance cinematographer based out of Hollywood - 

4) What inspired you to pursue your creative career?
- I was fortunate enough to have a great teacher in high school who taught American literature from a Budhist perspective. Having grown up in a conservative environment, that was the first time I was encouraged to explore the way other people might think about the world. Film was a natural medium for me to explore, and it didn't take long before I realized that I belong behind a camera. Now I use the camera as an excuse to experience new people, places, and things. -

5) What is your view on the state of the arts?
- The art world is finally in a state today where anybody can potentially turn passion into a career. It wasn't always like that. The internet has given artists a platform on which to stage whatever it is they may be doing. I think filmmakers and musicians have benefited the most from this transformation, and I give thanks every day.

I would also appreciate it if one of these trailers made it in there somewhere. Thanks man!

https://vimeo.com/40320920


No comments: