An

An
Report of our EXpedition

Sunday, June 3, 2012

FIVE QUESTIONS FOR THE ARTIST

1) What is your name?
- Karol - 

2) Where are you from?
- Wisconsin (near Green Bay) - 

3) What do you do?
- Game Artist - 

4) What inspired you to pursue your creative career?
- At age 5, I saw a Disney cartoon and decided I wanted to be an animator. In high school I saw Toy Story then decided I wanted to be a computer animator. I got pretty hardcore into gaming in the 90s when I first noticed story-telling become an important part the gaming experience (ie. Tomb Raider and Metal Gear Solid: The twin snakes). That's when I decided I'll do games. -

5) What is your view on the state of the arts?
- A career in the art and entertainment industry has historically been a risky endeavor to pursue. I'm sure the hardships involved in trying to get an opprotunity might have been magnified by the rough economy. I'm working full-time as an artist so I have no complaints about my life as an artist per se. The main thing that worry's me are lay-offs. Once you find a job you hold on to it for dear life because it could be months to over a year or so until you find full-time work again. Its pretty scary out there. -

No comments: