As mentioned in a few past postings the term "Cliche' Phrase Application" was used. Before going any further with this idea I want to compile a list of cliche' phrases. This list will continuously grow, hopefully. Here are 10 off the top of my head.
1) "All that glitters not gold."
2) "There's a place and a time for everything."
3) "Can't see the forest for the trees."
4) "Better Safe then Sorry."
5) "Sure and steady wins the race."
6) "Haste makes Waste."
7) "The Golden Rule."
8) "Taking care of two birds with one stone."
9) "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush."
10) "Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today."
PLEASE, if you have any more that come to mind contact me and I will add them to this list. It's apart of the "Getting Back to Basics" movement that inspires the making of this list. The Back to Basics Movement is an attempt to redirect thinking. There's a reason these phrases have stuck around for some time and are familiar to most. In many future blogs I will refer to these phrases.
Together we can make "sense" more common ;)